Dr. Jerome Peterson, DDS
- Qualified Medical Evaluator
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow/Master of the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Diplomate of American Academy of Pain Management
- Published research in the Journal of Endodontics
- Published research in the American Journal of Pain Management
- Published research in the Journal of Craniomandibular Practice
- Former Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of the Pacific School of Dentistry
Dr. Jerome Peterson was born in Los Angeles and raised in Southern California. He attended University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
He received his four year dental education at the University of the Pacific (UOP) School of Dentistry in San Francisco, where he graduated as President of his dental school class.
Following graduation, he opened his dental practice in Santa Ana, California next to South Coast Plaza Shopping Center.
Dr. Jerome Peterson has dedicated his professional career to the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of general dentist patients, and has specialized in temporomandibular disorders (TMJ) and patients suffering from headaches and orofacial pain.
Cosmetic dentistry and Full Mouth Dental Reconstruction has been an integral part of his practice. Dr. Peterson and his dental team treat patients with dental implants.
Dental implants act as well as permanent teeth. He and his team can provide a Full Mouth Reconstruction with dental implants all in one day, with the most current and newest technologies and IV sedation.
Dr. Peterson has published numerous articles in scientific journals in the field of orofacial pain and temporomandibular disorders.
Dr. Peterson was appointed as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry where he taught TMJ/Orofacial Pain Disorders for 4 years.
Dr. Peterson evaluates and treats patients with sleep-disordered breathing, sleep apnea and snoring.
Dr. Jerome Peterson was one of two dentists in the State of California appointed as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of the Qualified Medical Evaluator test for the State of California Workers’ Compensation system. This test is required to become a Qualified Medical Evaluator (QME) for the evaluation of dental and orofacial pain-related industrial injuries.
He has served as an Agreed Medical Evaluator, Qualified Medical Evaluator, Independent Medical Evaluator, and as an Expert Witness in the field of TMJ and temporomandibular disorders.
Dr. Peterson and his staff are committed to providing a thorough and confidential assessment of each patient and arrive at an accurate diagnosis, followed by an appropriate treatment plan. Every patient is treated as a unique and special person.
Dr. Peterson is married and has raised three children, all of whom have become successful members of the community. His daughter, Jacquelyn, was a USC Song Leader, as well as a San Diego Charger Cheerleader for 3 seasons.
Dr. Jerome Peterson is a proud grandparent, and in his spare time, he enjoys fishing, snow skiing, and being with his family and friends.
- Senior Clinical Instructor, Craniofacial Pain/Temporomandibular Joint Clinic, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical School
- Clinical Director of Oral Medicine of the Clinical Practice Program for the Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Craniofacial Pain: Craniofacial Pain/Temporomandibular Joint Clinic, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical School
- 1997 – 2001: Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Sciences, University of the Pacific, School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA
- Journal of Endodontics, “Filling of Root Canal With Adhesive Materials”, San Francisco; Vol. 1, No. 4, April 1975
- South Coast Metro Magazine, “Headache Sufferers: Open and Say Ah”, Santa Ana; Vol. 1, No. 7, June 1983
- Journal of the California Dental Association, “Concerned California Dentists”, Vol. 18, No. 6, Page 8, June 1990
- Journal of Craniomandibular Practice, Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block: A Safe and Easy Method for Pain Management, July 1995, Vol 13, #3, pp 178-181
- American Journal of Pain Management, Orofacial Pain Referral Patterns from the Pectoralis and Soleus Muscles, January 1997, Vol 7, No. 1, pp 6 – 9
- Myotronics Annual Seminar, August 2-4, 1991 Workmen’s Compensation/Accident Cases. Understanding Procedures and Documentation Leads to Successful Resolution of Insurance Cases.”
- Worker’s Compensation Compliance Seminar, January 26, 1992, Rating: Understanding TMJ in Worker’s Compensation, Sponsored by The Institute for Medical Studies and Cleveland Chiropractic College.
- Worker’s Compensation Compliance Seminar, March 15, 1992, Sponsored by The Institute for Medical Studies and QME Seminars, Incorporated.
- Neuromuscular Study Club of Southern California, March 28, 1992: Essentials for Documentation and Successful Resolution of Workman’s Compensation and Personal Injury Cases.
- San Gabriel Valley Claims Association, July 22, 1994: TMJ Diagnosis and Treatment.
- White Memorial Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology, Craniofacial Pain/Temporomandibular Joint Clinic, 01/11/95, Course Title: “Spray and Stretch Techniques for Relief of Myofascial Trigger Points in the Head, Neck, and Jaw.”
- Gateway Medical Center, 05/02/96, Subject: “Primary Care Physician – TMJ/TMD Diagnosis and Treatment”
- University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA; 05/21/97 and 5/27/98: Clinical Application of the Basic Sciences to the Diagnosis and Treatment of Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain. Second Year Dental Class under the direction of Alan Budenz, M.S., D.D.S.
- University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) School of Dentistry, 102nd Annual Scientific Session, TMJ/TMD Diagnosis and Treatment for the General Practitioner, Full Day (morning and afternoon) session. Friday, January 16, 1998.
- Invited Lecturer: University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA: ”Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain.” (7 hour lecture) May 25, 1999
- Invited Lecturer: University of the Pacific School of Dentistry, San Francisco, CA: ”Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain.” (7 hour lecture) May 17, 2000
PROFESSIONAL POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION:
- Over 1500 hours of postgraduate continuing education in the subjects of TMJ, Orthodontics, Functional Jaw Orthopedics, Neuromuscular Occlusion, Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.
- Certificate of Completion, One year Clinical Practice Program in the Evaluation and Treatment of Craniofacial Pain Disorders, Department of Otolaryngology, White Memorial Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical School.
We Can Help You
If you need dental care, come visit us. Book a FREE consultation by calling the phone number below, or send us a message using the contact form.
Our free consultation schedules are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday by appointment between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
SOUTH COAST PLAZA LOCATION
3620 S. Bristol Street, Suite 302 Santa Ana, California
Send us a message
We accept PPO and most dental and medical insurance programs.